Thursday, November 23, 2017

Cappy Thanksgiving 2017





A Thanksgiving Poem
by
C. J. Beaman (with *slight* modifications)

'Twas the NIGHT of Thanksgiving
but I just couldn’t sleep.
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned ~~ the dark meat and white.
I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a snack became an infatuation.

I raced to the kitchen, pawed open the door,
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
peas and carrots, beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling, so plump and so round.
‘til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky,
with a mouthful of pudding and a paw full of pie.

But I managed to bark as I soared past the trees,
“Happy eating to all . . . pass the biscuits please.”

Happy Thanksgiving !

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump,
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,
Hope your Thanksgiving dinner stays off of your thighs.



2 comments:

World of Animals, Inc said...

We just loved your Thanksgiving poem. Hope you had a wonderful time with your family. Thanks for the share. Time to get some delicious turkey. Have a wonderful rest of your week.
World of Animals

TimberLove said...

woooos,