Wednesday, September 15, 2010

*Deadbeat Bloggers* No Longer

Hi Everyone - We have a lot of catching up to do.  Mom finally brought Grandma here to stay with us in Northern California.  She's 90 years old and from New Jersey. There was so much work involved.  Mom said that just getting her on a plane was an accomplishment in itself.


It's a big adjustment for everyone.  We have to remember to turn on all of the nightlights, leave the lights on in the living room and bathroom and make sure that the baby monitor is on in the  upstairs bedroom.  It's a good thing that Mom has ME to remind her.  Grandma's not really sick, but she can't see or hear well and has trouble walking.  She uses a walker and a transport chair.

Ollie and I get along with Grandma, but she isn't used to animals (Are WE animals?)  and is a little skittish.   Ollie is always sucking around her because she gives him bites of oatmeal cookies.

There is always  a constant barrage of people coming into the house.  Medicare has provided for a physical therapist, occupational therapist and a visiting nurse to check up on things. Needless to say, I'm my disagreeable, snarling self. A priest is suppose to visit on Friday.  Mom said that she is going to ask him to throw some Holy Water on me in the hopes that my disposition will improve.  I doubt it ~~ I probably need an Exorcist.
 
Here's  Dad, Grandma and that Ollie who is hogging the camera and blocking my face.

Whenever I have a chance to escape from the gates, I always head over to Grandma's bed.

Here I am sitting on Grandma's lap.  She didn't even have to bribe me with cookies.



My Dad had a birthday on August 29th and the family all went out to dinner.
Here's Mom, Grandma and Jessica.

 The Birthday Boy is anxious to eat his cake.  
 

 Dad and Mom (in a rare moment when she actually had a chance to SIT).


This picture of our pathetic  garden is especially for Teddy Bear.  It's good for a laugh for him and his Dad.  The plants are growing wild, but there are no tomatoes.
Notice the recycling can in the background.  Mom said that is the next step for the plants. I personally think that she should stick to silk flowers and plastic vegetables and fruit. 



We're all anxiously awaiting my nephew's birth in November.  Mom had been crocheting baby afghans as soon as she found out that she was going to become a *Granny Chubbs*.



 Lastly, yet another package for the baby.  Mom said that this will be the "last one".  I've heard her say those exact words about 6 times and she's still running off to the Post Office.  That kid is already spoiled and he's not even born yet !!!  In addition to all that baby loot that he has waiting for him in Michigan, my Pawrents bought the crib, mattress and baby furniture.
Hey Mom and Dad, Ollie and I could use new dog beds.


3 comments:

Teddy Bear said...

Hi Cappy, welcome back. Grandmas are always nice to have around because they like the spoil us.:) I hope you and Ollie got some of your Daddy's birthday cake. This has been a strange summer for tomatoes. We're hoping September will be a hot month and we'll get lots of tomatoes. We hope your pawrents don't tear out the tomato plants just yet.

Love,
Teddy Bear

Lorenza said...

Hi, Cappy!
Sure is pawesome to have your Grandma at home with you all!
Looks like your Dad had a pawesome birthday!
And all those things for the baby! Wow!
I hope everything will be ok!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

White Dog Blog said...

Wow! So much excitement at your house. I know your grandma will get settled in and learn to be more at ease around you and Ollie very quickly...and thank goodness mom has help coming in, that assitance is a godsend. Hope dad had a wonderful birthday and that you and Ollie got cake and extra walks with him. We are glad you are back, you have been missed...lots.