Saturday, November 6, 2010

MIA for Awhile

Hi Everyone. Once again, I will be transferring  my blog to my nephew Nova for a couple of weeks and leave it in his capable (?) paws.  My assistant is in Michigan with Lauren who should be giving Ollie and me a nephew soon.

In the meantime, I've posted a picture for Teddy Bear of OUR harvest - just a handful of minuscule green tomatoes. Farmers of America (and of the world) can rest at night knowing that Mom is definitely not in competition with them.

How sad !


On the positive side, Mom has a green thumb when it comes to growing jade plants. A no-brainer. Just prune a branch, stick it in the soil and it self-roots. Since the plant is a succulent, it's water-retaining and adapts to arid soil.

There's also a dragon plant and some begonias in the photo which are surprisingly thriving.

Can't get any easier than that.

Hopefully, I'll still be checking everyone's blogs and adding my comments.

Have a great weekend everyone !!!



4 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Cappy!
Sure I hope everything goes well with the baby!
Yummy green tomatoes! They look yummy! A hot sause comes to my mind!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

White Dog Blog said...

Hope your nephew comes soon and is healthy and happy! Meantime, take good care of dad! There IS always fried green tomatoes or green tomato salsa...

Teddy Bear said...

Hi Cappy, thank you so much for sharing pictures of your harvest. Did your Mom make fried green tomatoes? This was a tough year for tomatoes. We hope you'll try again next year. The jade plants look pawesome and are very pretty.

Love,
Teddy Bear

White Dog Blog said...

Hi Cappy and Oliver,
Are you missing mom? I bet she cannot wait to get back to warm CA and the ones she loves most! Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you all.